The IB or International Baccalaureate also known as the Diploma Program (PD), is a 2-year educational program for students between the ages of 16 and 19, which offers an internationally accepted certification for access to higher education, and is recognized by universities around the world. Besides, students holding the IB Diploma, who wish to enter universities or Technical Schools, no longer have to pass the university entrance exam Spanish nationals (Selectividad).
The IB aims to offer better opportunities than other educational programs to train caring, informed young people, and, in the case of Gresol International-American School (GIAS), with a native English level. IB is the best tool for students to feel motivated to achieve their goals and to have all the advantages to achieve them.
The IB and the advantages of studying it
There are multiple benefits that young people who opt for the International Baccalaureate at Gresol International-American School can extract. From a complete, intercultural and immersive education in English; to the possibility of attending the best universities around the world. In short, taking the IB is having the security of a better future, both personally and professionally. But why? Here we go over some of the reasons why such a claim can be made:
- Taking the International Baccalaureate encourages students to think critically and independently, ask questions, and pursue personal aspirations. It motivates them to explore the nature of knowledge through courses such as Theory of Knowledge, exclusive to the program.
- The preparation with which young people leave the IB opens the door to many of the most prestigious universities in the world. Likewise, these students tend to have better results in academic tests, excelling in traditional academic subjects.
- With full immersion in English, they are fully fluent in a foreign language and are more aware of cultural differences and the enrichment of such differences. Thanks to this, they have a much greater breadth of vision and knowledge.
- The interculturality offered by a school like Gresol International-American School in its International Baccalaureate stimulates the enrichment of the personal and cultural entities of each one of its students.
- The International Baccalaureate, together with its important social component, encourages experiential learning and the development of emotional intelligence. Values such as honesty, an open mind, or work ethic are indispensable to GIAS and thus form the backbone of an IB education.
For these reasons, studying the International Baccalaureate at Gresol International-American School is synonymous with educational excellence. The opportunity to offer the youngest the necessary tools to face the future with maximum guarantees. For more information about the International Baccalaureate, you can do so by arranging a visit.