At Gresol International-American School, students are the protagonists of the learning process, motivated to develop their skills and knowledge under the tutelage and help of the teaching staff. To do this, teaching professionals propose challenges and apply ICT as daily tools in the classroom, working on diverse and transversal didactic content and strategies. All that effort, to offer personalized education and to find the strengths and motivations of all students by promoting the learning of multiple intelligences.
Some time ago, we explained a little about what multiple intelligences were here because it is important to remember that each individual develops a kind of intelligence based on their interests or abilities. Usually, many educational methodologies focus much more on logical-mathematical and linguistic intelligence, leaving others such as musical, spatial, or interpersonal in a second step. That is not the case at Gresol, which tries to promote the development and knowledge of multiple intelligences through a complete and enriching methodology.
Multiple intelligences, what benefits do they bring?
- Motivates students. Experimenting and testing with different types of intelligence and exercises are more feasible to discover or enhance some students’ talent. That is why we talk about a kind of education that motivates the students to be different and more dynamic.
- Customization education. As we have commented, each individual has unique characteristics that are easier to discover and enhance through methodologies, such as multiple intelligences.
- Offers complete education. Studying other intelligence makes students acquire a broader vision, favoring the learning of a wide range of competencies. Likewise, learning through practice is enhanced, being a more dynamic and effective method.
- It allows more innovation and precision in the evaluation. Its methodology is far from the traditional model, allowing it to experiment and use different and modern strategies. Likewise, focusing more on the talents of each individual allows a better evaluation at all levels, helping growth appropriately.
- Achievement of better academic results. Along the same lines with all of the above, a methodology based on the empowerment of multiple intelligences offers a complete education, also allows for better grades.
In conclusion, enhancing multiple intelligences offers a whole range of advantages to students. For this reason, Gresol International-American School works on methodologies that seek to reinforce these types of intelligence and help students to find their talent. The school tries to offer the best and most complete education for the students, letting them experiment and learn.