IB DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
Through the DP, schools are able to develop students who:
- Have excellent breadth and depth of knowledge
- Flourish physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
- Study at least two languages
- Excel in traditional academic subjects
- Explore the nature of knowledge through the programme’s unique theory of knowledge course.
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) Diploma Programme (DP) curriculum sets out the requirements for study of the DP. The curriculum is made up of:
- The DP core.
- Five subject groups.
Made up of the three required components, the DP core aims to broaden students’ educational experience and challenge them to apply their knowledge and skills.
The 3 Core Elements are:
THEORY OF KNOWLEDGE, in which students reflect on the nature of knowledge and on how we know what we claim to know.
THE EXTENDED ESSAY, which is an independent, self-directed piece of research, finishing with a 4,000-word paper.
CREATIVITY, ACTIVITY, SERVICE, in which students complete a project related to those three concepts.
The 5 subject groups are:
LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE
- Spanish A
- English B
INDIVIDUAL AND SOCIETIES
- Business ManagemenT
- Analysis and Approaches
- Applications and Interpretations